Monday, July 14, 2014

"If God Commanded Me to do All Things, I Could Do Them"

Family and Friends!

This is been quite the week for me, and I'm sure for you as well. Especially Robyn with your first week as a missionary in the MTC. I remember when they would only speak tagalog to me. Haha And teaching in tagalog. It was the beginning of developing faith in Christ. Those first moments as a missionary. Then you continue on and you have more and more hard experiences but they always lead to good, especially becoming a better person. I've seen that happen to me every week. 

Well this past week I had some good things and bad things occur. My second anak, Sister Temaaka went home. She's really sick and just wasn't getting better. It was hard to hear that and even harder to say goodbye to her over the phone. But I know that she'll finally get to rest and get the help she needs. I was just grateful that I was the lucky one to be with her for her mission. I owe her a lot for what she taught me. As I talked with her I learned the death of Brother Diola in my last area. He was a member that I was pretty close to, him and his family. They were working to going to the temple but had to stop that progression since brother got really sick. He passed away last week. I know that they weren't able to go to the temple together but I'm grateful that Sister Lyn can still go with her two kids and still be sealed to him. It's sad that he died so young but we know the truth and that he won't suffer anymore. I just wish I could drive up to Santa Maria and give Sister Lyn a big hug. 

But good news...the brother in Santa Maria, Vaugh that would work with us got his mission call, Salt Lake City, Utah! Haha I got to talk to him as well because Sister Temaaka was saying goodbye to him and his family while I called and it's just great and perfect for him. I'm going to go to conference for April and visit him I've decided. Haha :) And we also had a baptism this past week. Celia and the Gregorio kids! Reymark, Ralph, Joan and Joy (oldest to youngest). It was a beautiful service with Sister Kinikini and Sister Buckley's investigator too. Tatay Cardona, he's awesome. We're good friends too since I went and taught him a lesson while on exchanges with them. Haha :) It was just a good day to see lives changed and to feel Heavenly Father's love for them. 

Anyway, for the reason for this title is because this brought me a lot of comfort me this week as bad and good things happened. I was at MLC and my dearest MTC companion, Sister Reed gave a beautiful talk and she shared 1 Nephi 17:50-51. She taught me to really come to know who God is to you and what He wants you to become. As I've been working on overcoming shortcomings and weaknesses, letting go of the natural women inside of me...I know that it's only possible with heaven's help. I can do all things with His help. So, it's time to let go off myself completely and lose myself in this work, and do all things which He has commanded me to do, because we can. And then to see the miracles happen because of heaven's help that is always there if we rely on it. And to pray for those angels to assist us so that we can become who we are meant to be. We can do all things. 

I love this work and I love the truths I know. No matter what hard things come into our lives, I know that God is by my side and His angels are there to assist us. I love you all! I know I always say this but really, look for the miracles and even more, pray for them and the help of angels. It really does happen. 

Mahal ko kayo! 

Love, Sister Burnham


Hand Readings - "He told me that I had sleeping problems and that if it wasn't for the gospel and my happy personality I would be dead"





 

Joy & Jessel with the Book of Mormon


 

 

 

 

 




 




 





"Just havin' fun!"


 




William & Flor - He has giantism: the one I told about in my last letter



No comments:

Post a Comment