Monday, November 17, 2014

"I'm NOT Trunky!"

Family and Friends!!
Okay I'm not trunky when I say this but...I start my last transfer next week!! I will probably be getting transferred on this Thursday!! So fast and crazy!! I actually go to Manila next week for immigration, so I'll give a shout for you Cameron but ya, I'm dying!! It's weird but I guess we will see what happens...
This week was good and yet busy. The life of a STL is too busy! I've never been so tired until I've been a STL...maybe it's a good thing that I'll be transferred...if not...oh man. We celebrated Sister Dadivas' birthday!! It was super fun and we had Sister Tautali with us for that day. Good decision...she's awesome and her companion went home...Yep the cycle of missionaries before me are already going home, weird. It was great though and we had fun celebrating it :)
The next best part is teaching Marissa and Ariel. They are becoming more and more of a golden family! Just like in my last area, I started teaching this cute golden family before I left...then a month later I heard they were baptized. Probably with this family too so I never got my goal of a completed family but for me, I did. I was a part of their teaching, just missed the baptism. But this family is super good and they're receiving a spiritual witness more and more that what we teach them is true. They believe it's true, just haven't had the answer come yet...but the Spirit is working so hard on them. They'll get it that it's the feeling in their hearts and the thoughts in their mind that these things really are true and that's their answer from the Holy Ghost. We just have to keep cheering them on! I'll be sad to leave them, as well as for the other Lipa Saints...love the people here. Just like I do from all my areas :)
So ya, just getting ready for the next and last transfer...the final countdown. It's crazy to think that it's coming to an end and the feelings of ending a mission are bittersweet. I've loved the mission, so much. The people and missionaries I've come to love so much, the culture and way of life in the Philippines, the lessons I've learned and especially the person I've become as I've come closer to the Savior as I've done His work. You can't really describe a mission to its fullest but I can say that it has been the best decision I've made so far. And I know that Heavenly Father sent me here for a reason, many reasons. I'm just grateful that I trusted Him enough to follow the call.

It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:

I'll go where you want me to go.
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.
Be what the Lord wants you to be :) Mahal ko kayo!!!

Love, Sister Burnham
 





"Coordinating training meeting with the ZL's"



"Meetings and MLC"








"Sister Dadivas' birthday"






"My new home!!" :)









 

"Look at what my past Zone Leader sent me.........It does exist in the Philippines!!"




















"Look what I found in my apartment" "EL LIBRO DE MORMON" - 'now you can learn Spanish!' From Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment