Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"Waiting Out the Storm!"

Magandang Araw sa inyo lahat!!
Okay, well not so much here because we are going through Tpyhoon Ruby!! Woo hoo!! It's actually been all fine in Lipa, just a lot of non stop rain and some winds but nothing like Glenda...that was a lot worse, but we just have to be careful, safe and prepared but all has been well for us. But it's been nice to kinda chill in the apartment for the past two days, but it's even better to be out!! So no worries; typhoons are becoming normal for me but I think I'm starting to get all typhooned out. Haha
This week was just another busy week...STL life just keeps me busy and it's a been a really good way to end the mission. Sometimes the drama is annoying and other things come up that I feel like I'm being stretched in all ways but you learn to do what you can and give the rest to the Savior. But I love the things that I learn from the other sisters. This past week I was with a sister who just barely started her mission and she shared such beautiful words of wisdom to me, that it's not about the number of baptisms but about conversion...and that's all she wants in her mission. And then the other sister I was with is ending her mission with me and she shared how the mission doesn't end when the name tag comes off, it's just the beginning. It's so true, this was just training :)

But I really feel like this past week I've come to know why I needed to stay in Lipa, it was for the sisters. I feel like I was kept here because I still need to learn about what a leader really is and become more like the Savior in that way. I really feel like this past few weeks I've come to really know who He is as I've been reading the gospels in the new testament and as I've pondered about Christmas. "For God so loved the world that He gave His Begotten Son." He really is God's gift to us and that through Him, we can come to our Heavenly Father and be saved. We can all return back home through Him. It really is beautiful and I invite you all as well to read about it...to pray and to come to know what God's gift is to us and who the Savior really is. I love the video too that the church has sent out and we as a mission are doing what it's invited us to do. And encourage you to do the same, it's been amazing to really focus on the gift of Christmas this year.
I hope that we are doing all that we can to serve Him and pay somewhat back for what the Savior gave us. I know that He loves us and that God loves us and because of that love, we can overcome all things through Jesus Christ. I love you all and I'm excited to see you soon and spend the end of December with you. Keep blessing the lives of others, just as the Savior would do.

Mahal ko kayo!! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Burnham

"The rain created a blowout!"







"Cup games and song"





"Exchanges"



"Devon.....you win mash!"



"President & Sister Mangum at our MLC"


No comments:

Post a Comment