Sunday, October 13, 2013

You Can Always Make A Difference By Your Attitude!

Family!!

So this week was different than the other weeks before...I survived through my first typhoon which was just heavy rain for a few hours and that was it. Haha I guess it was more severe in other places. Also I went to the hospital to visit someone. Kinda cool story actually, this lady that we taught about a month ago but we didn't go back to texted us to come visit her in the hospital. She's just really sick with infection on her heart but it was cool that she called us to come see her. Though the hospitals are quite different than Americas...never want to have to go to one for me, that's for sure. 
And then later one of Sister Malig's past investigators passed away, so we went to their home to visit and they keep the body there! In the home....for about a week. Ya, it was kinda weird but humorous in a sort of way. I think Dad will too Haha :) Poor Sister Malig, she's kinda scared of hospitals, mortuaries, and dead people but to me, it was totally normal, just not the part of the dead person staying in the home in the casket. Haha :) 
Anyways, not that much work this week because we had zone interview/meeting that was so good. President Peterson is a really strong and powerful President. But at the same time so loving. He told me thank you for all that I was doing through my happy positive attitude and that I was lifting the whole zone from it. I wasn't expecting to hear that because I though I wasn't making any difference since I'm so new but you can always make a difference by your attitude. It was just good. And then we had General Conference this weekend. Which was so so good!! And I was so grateful that it was in english. Because the RS broadcast was not. Haha Ya, didn't get anything out of that because tagalog is twice as long as english. I don't think the speaks breathed once. Haha :) 
But Conference was so good! I learned so much as a missionary from it. I especially loved Edward Dube's..."Never look back, look at what we still have to do." I've been guilty of looking back. Thinking maybe I've done enough and wanting to return to how thing were in the past for me. But I have so much to give here and I have this wonderful opportunity to do so much good as a missionary. "It's not important where we've been, or what we're done but where we are going." I just loved it, as well as so many other talks. It was all so good! 
Well, the work was kinda slow this week because of all the meetings but I have four investigators for sure getting baptized this transfer! Three next Saturday and the other the following Saturday. It's the Ting Family getting baptized next Saturday and they are so excited to :) Anna is the next one and I'm just so happy for them :) 
I love you and miss you all so much :) Thank you for your letters and support and love :) Have a good week and take care!

Mahal ko kayo!

Mahal, Sister Burnham 




(Sorry I forgot to flip the picture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment