Monday, October 7, 2013

The Language and 3 Months Down!

Family!!

I can't believe it's October already!! Wow, it's been going by fast, three months already done! Wow, it's just going by faster too! Haha Gotta take advantage of the time I do have! 

This week has been good; ups and downs but good for the most part. It's interesting how somedays I feel like I know Tagalog pretty good and then others I'm like "ANO?!" Haha Ya, it really just depends but I notice that when I'm more positive, happy, and try, then I do better. Gotta just act like I'm Filipino and that Tagalog is my first language...it goes better when I do that. But I'm comforted by the fact that it takes time to come...it's so true. Haha :) 

We had a good week with our investigators- I have a cool story though about finding through service! So we were walking along the street one day and we saw these teenage siblings struggling with carrying this heavy box- so we jumped right in to help and carried the box for them to their home. We seriously went to this neighborhood where there are houses on this boardwalk thing and this family that we did service for were taught by the missionaries 6 years ago. We taught lesson 1 and even extended a baptismal date. They're still beginning investigators but it was cool to have the service experience leading to finding! Always serve! Haha :) 

My favorite two are Dorina and Anna. I love Dorina!! She's our neighbor and just the funniest person, we went jogging with her on Saturday. Haha It was a blast! She's progressing along with two of her kids and they're getting baptized on October 26! AHH!! I can't wait! Anna is doing great too, she had a concern yesterday about polygamy...I guess a famous TV show here talked about Mormons and polygamy and she was wondering about it. Haha don't worry, we were able to resolve it :) Haha But she's doing great and her baptsim will probably be Nov 2 :) Super excited!! 

Lastly I want to share a scripture- 1 Peter 3:14-15 that I read today in my studies. Suffer for righteous sake but happy am I :) It's not easy working out here in the mission field but happy am I to share this message. And because of that, I can give the reason of hope, the gospel that is in me. We have so much to give and I'm so happy that I have the opportunity to give and love the people here. It's the greatest calling! 

Mahal ko kayo!! Have a great week!!

Mahal, Sister Burnham 
 
I love this picture of her!!!


 "Boardwalk Neighborhood"



"Yep! Eating little fishies!"



"Daves (Sister Jane's husband) birthday!"


"Jeff's drawings"


"Parasites or larvae under our dishes...yep, totally found that will cleaning today. Goes to show how dirty the water is. Haha Don't drink it!!"


"Andrea! (the one with the purple tongue) She's Anna's daughter and we are best friends :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment