Monday, November 4, 2013

"I'm Having An Anak! (aka BABY!!)"

Family and Friends-

So this upcoming week I will official be a Nanay!! Or a trainer!! I meet my new companion on Thursday!! I can't believe that my training is already over and that I'll be training!! It's crazy but I'm actually really excited for it :) I think it's going to be fun, hard, but fun :) And I have a feeling I'm going to learn really fast because I'll have to haha :) 

This week I went to a training in Lipa, lots of traveling with boat delays and what not...so much fun!! Haha but me and Sister Malig had fun enjoying our last days together as companions. I'm so grateful that I had her as my nanay :) She's super sweet, a great missionary and encouraged and helped me so much in my first 12 weeks- I'm seriously going to miss her a lot. Anyways the training was a great meeting and I learned from President that the most important person on your mission is your companion. I've come to see that with my relationship with Sister Malig and I see more of the reason why training is a sacred trust. I really feel honored and blessed to have this upcoming opportunity! :) 

So Halloween I was going to take pictures of us celebrating but I was on a boat, bus, and tricycles traveling to Lipa...haha so walang pictures. Haha But I realized I was on a bus traveling last Halloween too! I think I was in Germany or Czech Republic...can't believe how fast time has gone and that I am done with 4 months of my mission, wow, it's fast and I have a feeling it will only get faster!! 

Well since we did a lot of traveling and what not, we didn't have much work. Haha But a miracle is starting to happen....the gift of tongues!! Haha I'm still not perfect with Tagalog but I'm progressing and I was actually doing a lesson by myself the other day and our recent convert, Jane told me how good I've come at Tagalog. That I've progressed a lot, way better then I was in the beginning. Haha :) Things are starting to click more easily and I'm understanding more. Speaking is coming along better too and people are understanding me better. It's just good :) But I know it's not me doing it and sometimes I say things in lessons that I don't remember saying or knowing how to say before the lesson. We come out of of one lesson and Sister Malig said, I didn't know you knew how to say some of those things or you said somethings perfectly! It wasn't me, but the Holy Ghost working through me. That I know for sure :) I just have to keep it up, do my part, and the Lord will take care of the rest :) That's how it works. It's just the start but it's coming and I think I'll get it even more with my anak, and I'm pretty sure she'll be Filipino, just a hunch :) 

Yep, so just a lot of changes coming up for me!! I can't believe it's November and I'm truly sad that I'm missing Thanksgiving again!! Haha I'll just eat a lot of rice! Haha :) Just eat a lot for me!! :) 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week! Keep looking for the miracles because they are there :)

Mahal ko kayo!!

Love, Sister Burnham 

P.S. Tagalog word for the letter: Pinakamakapangyarihan!! (almighty) 

"Sister Malig's birthday party!!"





"Hanging out with the Tings :) Jump shots and what not!"



"My district and out last lunch together!"


"Traveling!"


"Waiting for our meeting... we got there early and had to wait on the sidewalk like hobos :)"

"And breakfast :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment