Monday, December 2, 2013

Family and Friends, 

Oh my goodness, it's already December!! But it doesn't feel like that here in the sunny, warm Philippines. Haha the weather is actually perfect right now or maybe I'm just adjusting...who knows!! Haha :) But I'm getting excited for Christmas and to skype the family, it's going to be great!!

We did a lot of service projects this week, we helped clean this members home, more like a hut. Haha There were these HUGE spiders though! As big as my hand!! I wish I got a picture but sadly my camera died but it was a fun cleaning together. Then we helped one of our investigators make these rugs made out of t'shirts or jeans, just any scrape fabric. Haha She's super sweet but our last lesson she said that our church and the catholic church are the same....umm....no. Haha We tried to fix that but it all goes back to reading and praying about the Book of Mormon to know if this church is true. Haha But for some reason so many people think that. Haha It's really fun...

Ting's are super excited for their Christmas present! They are sad they have to wait for it but we started celebrating Christmas yesterday. We do a gift exchange every Sunday and you have to get something no more than 30 pesos, and yesterday we did something soft. Next something red, then sweet, then funny. I LOVE the Ting's- they are so funny and great. Singing karaoke songs to us and what not. Haha :) And Nichole....so Nichole is the gay one....haha oh my. He sung us Last Christmas and was wearing his heels....yep that's Nichole but you gotta love him! He's so funny!! And Lorence is awesome, he likes to play jokes on me but we're good friends. I wish he would accept the gospel, but I think he's just one of those people where it will just take time for him to accept it. Hopefully the rest of his family will help him along :) 

Ricky is doing great!! He's been to church three times!! That's GREAT!! Haha I'm afraid he has a word of wisdom problem though....I guess we will find out though Tuesday. But he bore his testimony on the Book of Mormom during a family home evening we had, it made me so proud :) Haha I'm just really happy for him and he becomes happier and happier everyday :) I'll try to send a picture of him, he's just this cute little Filipino man! Haha :) 

I'm sad I missed Thanksgiving but I hope you all had a great one!! I had rice....and more rice. Haha I love rice, I think that's all I'm going to eat for the rest of my life. Haha it's a necessity. Haha Why I never ate it before the mission, I'll never understand. Haha So next Christmas I think I'll ask for a rice cooker. Haha :) Just so you know :) I'm sending a Christmas package this week, probably will be late but I hope it gets there!! 

Well family, I love you all! I hope you have a good first week of December! Devon and Robyn...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Or Maligayang Kaarawan!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! 

Mahal, Sister Burnham 















"Family Home Evening with Jane's family, Anna and Ricky. Ricky is the one behind Jane in the white t-shirt. And then me singing a little bit as well with karaoke :) Haha :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment