Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas in the Philippines and Ricky's Baptism

Maligayang Pasko!!

So this Christmas was a bit different...no snow, it's hot and I'm in the Philippines!! Haha But it was a great Christmas with lots of fun spending time with members, other missionaries and enjoying the Christmas season in paradise :) 

Christmas was a lot of fun, especially playing Mormon Memory with the Ting's haha you wouldn't think that game could get intense but it did!! Also they love "Don't Eat Pete!!" Haha Thank you Mom for sending the fun games to play :) It's been fun playing them.

After skyping though, I won't lie, it was so good yet so hard!! I felt a bit homesick the rest of the day. But I had the help of getting over it by Brother Ricky. We had his baptism this past Saturday and it was so good. He was beaming with happiness and it was so contagious. The Spirit was so strong and it was just an amazing experience. But it was funny too, the one that baptized him is a recent convert, Brother Max, my last zone leaders convert, and he is this big guy. Anyway, we had him baptize Ricky, this little guy. Haha anyway, Max was so nervous and he practically dunked Ricky. Haha He even lifted him by the scruff of his neck. Haha It was funny, us missionaries we're all laughing afterwards. But it was still a beautiful baptism. And a great confirmation. I bought him a white shirt and tie that he looked so cute in. Haha He's just the cutest little Filipino man!! And the sweetest and most humble man I have ever met and just kept telling me thank you over and over again. And how grateful he was that we came into his life. I'm so grateful that he came in my life! I know that the people I help out here I was meant to come and help. But what they might not know is that they change my life :) I'm a better person because of these people. I love them with all of my heart. And I know it's just going to grow and grow. 

It was a great Christmas season but I'm glad that I'll be home for the next. I miss you all but I'm so grateful to have this short time to help others change their lives and them helping me change my for the better. I love you all and I hope you all had a great Christmas!! And I wish you all a very Happy New Year!! 

Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! 

Love, Sister Burnham 

Ricky's baptism


Sister Burnham and Sister Maagad exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment