Tuesday, May 13, 2014

And the Lights Went Out After the Testimony

Happy Late Mother's Day!!

It was so good to skype!! So fun :) It was such a blessing to see you all and next time will be when I'm getting off the plane! Crazy how fast time goes by, di ba? It was just a good last skype :)

This past week was a good one, we went on a mini vacation to Santa Cruz for exchanges...instead of the STLs coming to our area we go to theirs. It was good and I love the Sister's over there. They just have fun and love who they teach. That's what matters most in missionary work...Just love them and teach them what they need. Not just to check off a lesson but to help them connect to heaven. Like one nanay said that she would throw away her Catholic saints if she found out that what we taught is true. Haha wow, we didn't even say anything about that...that's the Spirit for sure. Haha :)

So my funniest story though is teaching Necie. Necie is Sandy's friend that we've been trying to teach but she always kinda snuck away or would sit far away from us. But we finally started to teach her after Sandy's baptism. She said that she felt something different, that she felt happy and it was beautiful. The power of baptisms! Anyway we were at the end of the Restoration and talking about the Book of Mormon. We had Bro. Vaugh with us, he's preparing to go on a mission. And he is awesome! He was our member present throughout the week. Anyways, he bore this really strong testimony on the Book of Mormon and as soon as he said Amen, the power went out. Haha His testimony was that strong! Haha :) Then Necie said, "Okay, I need to read this." Haha :) She came to church yesterday and I know she'll come along :) The Lord has blessed me with wonderful people in my life here to teach and to love.

Emmanuel and Anna are finally going to get married! June 21st but I might not be here, next transfer. Sayang talaga because I want a completed family but it's okay. They aren't ready right now anyway, Emmanuel still has a smoking problem that I got out of him last night. Patience. I wonder how Heavenly Father feels when we know we need to do something right but we don't. I've felt like that a few times on mission. Haha :) Agency...choices!! Haha (In Mom's voice).  :D

Other than that, life is good in Santa Maria. Loving life :) I'm grateful again that I got to skype you!! I seriously thank God everyday for the wonderful family and friends that he has blessed me with. I am so blessed to have your love and support. I love you all!! Mahal ko kayo!! And go make a difference! Go turn off the power! Haha And go change a life :)

Mahal ko kayo!

Love, Sister Burnham
 
I forget something!! So a while back we taught this American guy that asked lots of questions of the soul....and I want to get your responses to some questions he asked. So I'll be asking you questions you asked. And if you want to put scriptures with it, I would appreicate that too! I love you all!
1. What is my purpose in life? Why does it matter what I do here?

Tagalog Phase: Bubo ka! You're stupid! Haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment