Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Everlasting Beginnings"

Hello Family and Friends!!
Well, this week has been crazy, beyond crazy for me!! I hardly was in my area because of exchanges and meetings...and we didn't have our baptism because the other girl was sick...it's just postponed till Oct 18th...sayang but that's okay. We still went to Bro. Nelson's baptism that was probably one of the best. It was like Ricky's for me. But...HAPPY BIRTHDAY Hayden and Abby!! Sorry, no presents but bringing cool stuff home in December :)
So with a lot happening a lot has been on my mind and lots of feelings have entered my heart. Especially those feelings of gratitude and love for the mission and the people I've loved and served and seen how they've changed, as well as for myself and knowing that all of this, the past 15 months and 3 more to go have been for a reason, a purpose. I really have found myself while here in the Philippines. Serving these people that I love so much and who I wish I was...haha I always joke that I'm really a Filipina...people normally don't believe me...wonder why. Haha :) But it's just been beautiful to experience all of this and to see conversion and to hear the gratitude. Ricky wrote me this past week and it was the sweetest letter that I've ever received. He's active, serving as a faithful priesthood holder as a 2nd counsleor in the Elders Quorum and is happy. Even though he is still single and alone at times, he is happy because he's converted and now knows that he really is not alone. If anything, I came to the mission for him. As well for others, the members in Santa Maria, the Gregorio family even though they are struggling with being active, and so many others. God really accomplishes His purposes through others. I know that with all my heart and I'm so happy that I'm a part of this great work.
So since I'm feeling all these feelings with my 15 month mark, I read something from Pres. Uchtodorf from last confernce...
"In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings.
Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless13 and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny.
The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful.
How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."
It's only everlasting beginnings and that's what I'm doing here. Creating everlasting beginnings for others as well as for myself. It's not the end when someone is baptized or a missionary goes home, only everlasting beginnings. And everyday, is the opportunity to create those :) I love you all so much. Remember the words from the prophets, for they are true.
Mahal ko kayo!! Have a great week and create everlasting beginnings :)

Love, Sister Burnham





"Family week with the missionaries!"


"Zone p-day"








"My crazy Zone Leaders."









"Exchanges with Sister Suapaia.....she reminds me of Robyn. All new in the mission too."



"Eating challenge! They played 'eye to the tiger!' It was intense and happened all in 5 minutes."






"Elder Wise.....he did it!"









"Me and Sister Reed.....I love her so much!"




"We didn't have a baptism but Brother Nelson's baptism was amazing! Talk about conversion!"



"Shakey's Tayo"





"Old reunions"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment