Monday, September 30, 2013

The Worth of Souls is Great in the Sight of God

Family and Friends! 

Another great week here in Calapan, Mindoro! I love this area, great people, members, investigators, and missionaries. We basically just have the best of the best on this little island and I love every part of it :)

We had a lot of changes this week, we got two new sisters living with us- Sister Wilson, from Logan, UT and Sister Dadivas from the Philippines. They are both awesome and it's fun to have sisters with us instead of just Sister Malig and I being the only sisters with a bunch of Elders! Haha So it's great and I already love them :) 

We had a lot of fun this week- especially with one of our families- the Ting family. They are just about my favorite family we are teaching. Sister Dorina is awesome! I feel like she is one of my many moms here :) Haha She's always happy and laughing and she loves and accepts everything we teach her. Like we taught the word of wisdom the other day and she accepted it right away, the gospel makes just clicks for her. I really see how we're not teaching something new to them, they already know this, we're just reminding :) Anyways, great family. I especially love her son Oliver. He is so cute and he wants to be baptized so badly and become a missionary like us. The other night him and his sister helped us go from house to house in our neighborhood sharing about Family Home Evening since it's National Family Week here. We had our little helpers which made the work so much more fun :) 

We had a branch activity on Saturday for Family Week and it was so much fun! I joined in a rawbutan eating contest. Rawbutan is this werid looking alien fruit. Haha but it's really sweet and good :) Haha I'll send you pictures. It's was just a good time and we even had some of our investigators come. 

So this week I had one of the best lessons ever! And the one last night with her was equally good. We were trying to visit Greg and Jena- that cute family with the daughter who got in a burn accident. But it's been hard. Jena isn't interested anymore and Greg is never home....sayang. But as I was playing/talking with Mary Jane (their daughter with the burns, I'll send pictures!), Sister Malig was talking to the mom of Mary Jane's friend. At first I didn't think she was interested at all and I didn't think we would return to teach her. But later that day, a lesson fell through and we went back and asked if we could share a short message with her. She allowed us to come in and we just thought we were going to do beginning teaching, getting to know her, etc. I asked her at the beginning how family was important to her in her life and she began to cry. She's been holding in all these concerns about her family and how she just feels lost in helping them. Immediately I felt the Spirit come and Sister Malig and I were able to teach about the Restoration by the direction of the Spirit. I don't even really remember what I said but I know that it wasn't me. And then at the end when I testified, she looked intently in my eyes and I was able to testify that all these things were true. And how it would help and change her life. And how Heavenly Father knew and loved her. And I was able to see and feel just a glimpse of how much Heavenly Father loves her. The worth of souls truly is great in the sight of God. I love those times when I can really feel the Spirit, and most importantly feel it work through me and see it confirming to the investigator that it's true. It's amazing. She's already been visited by Elders in the past (seed planted!) and has already accepted our invitation to be baptized. We're going to do a family home evening with her tonight and I think it's going to be great :) 

I love being here and I love being a part of this great work. I'm starting to catch a glimpse of just how much Heavenly Father loves us and especially the people I serve. And I'm starting to really see how the gospel of Jesus Christ bring hope and comfort into a troubled soul. How truly great this work is and how great is my calling. I still have so much to learn and grow but I'm so grateful for what I have received thus far. I hope and pray that my experiences will influence you as well. I feel like you're all here in the mission with me haha :) Which I believe you are :) I love you all so much and never forget just how much Heavenly Father really knows and loves you. I've seen it. 

Mahal ko kayo! I love you!! Have a great week!

Mahal, 
Sister Burnham 
 

Rawbutan

Working with Angelica and Oliver! 



Mary Jane (little girl with the burns)


THOR 2!!! WE LOVE THOR!











New investigating family!

No comments:

Post a Comment