Monday, January 6, 2014

Priesthood Power

Family and Friends!! 

WHAT A WEEK!! Haha So much has happened that it seems like New Years Eve was FOREVER ago!! Haha Though, New years here in the Philippines is CRAZY!! They go crazy here with fireworks, around 11:50pm Tuesday night, I though I was in a battle!! Haha It was the loudest noise of fireworks and people, ya, New Years is BIG here. Haha It was fun though, watching the fireworks from our apartment and watching the Ting's across the street lighting fireworks...but they are dangerous, Lorence almost got hit by one! Ya, lots of people get hurt actually...that's why we had curfew. Haha But it's a lot more exciting here, that's for sure :) Haha 

So it's been an interesting week for me, since Wednesday I've had really bad stomach pains and I've lost my appetite. I just can't eat very much. It's been good cuz I'm losing weight. Haha But it's not good because everything just goes through me. Hmm...not good. I was really sick one day before Christmas. Like the 24 hour flu or food poisoning, which I came to find out was food poisoning because me, Elder Mcmillin (my Australian zone leader) and Sister Wilson all at the the same place and all got sick the same day. But the Filipino's were okay. Haha But We're starting to think it wasn't the food because we all had different dishes...it was the water. I've learned my lesson...haha :) Yep....so ever since then my gut has kinda felt funny and I haven't had a normal bowl movement. Haha But the past five days have been really bad so I finally called Sister Peterson and she told me to go to the hospital. WOO HOO!! She thinks I have a parasite! Haha Yep, that's what I think too. The visit went fine, I had to make a deposit for them if you know what I mean....Hahaha They gotta check to see if I have a parasite some way! Haha But I'll find out later today. I feel okay now because I'm on some stomach pain medication but I still have no appetite. I just can't eat, I feel sick when I do. So we'll see what happens. Haha It's been interesting though, I'll tell you that. But everything will be okay, I got a priesthood blessing from my zone leaders. I just love them, they are both so great :) But it just helped a lot and it was much needed. 

I'm so grateful for the priesthood and that we have that wonderful gift in our lives. Ricky received the priesthood yesterday!! He's such a great recent convert, he even beared his testimony too and I cried. Haha He just has this strong testimony and he always expresses how grateful that the missionaries came into his life. I'm grateful that I got to be a part of his life. He's a good man :) One of the best that I know :) 

Well, besides Ricky, the work has been hard but me and Sister Maagad are making the most of it. She's a great anak and I'm coming to love and appreciate her more and more. We're becoming really good friends and I just love her. Wouldn't be able to do this work without her :) 

Wish me luck about the parasite!! Haha Hopefully it's nothing and I'll be back to normal soon! 

I love you all!! Mahal ko kayo!! 

Love, Sister Burnham 









No comments:

Post a Comment