Monday, January 13, 2014

Naglaba Kami!!

Magandang hapon po!! 

Hello po pamilya ko and mga kaibigan ko!! Kumusta ang linggo nyo? How was your week?! My was good yet weird, haha but the best news is that I don't have a parasite and all is well once again. But we did go back to the hospital for Sister Maagad yesterday...haha they're going to know us sisters well before you know it. She might have a kidney stone or something is wrong with her appendix. Ya, poor thing. She's okay now with medicine and all but we'll find out later if that's the case...kawawa ang anak ko... :/ Pero, malakas siya! :) But she can't handle the cold weather too, it's cold for me as well. Haha I guess I better enjoy because it will get hot again before I know it!

So this week our work was okay...haha punted and punted!! But we did have a service project with Tatay Luncio and Nanay Lucia. Nanay is a laundry woman so...naglaba kami ang mga damit para kay Nanay Lucia!! We helped her do the laundry!! It was fun helping her, Tatay asking me all about snow in America, my family and just getting to know them better. But it was so exhausting!! Haha 2 hours of washing clothes by hand...ya, I miss my washing machine. Haha but service opens hearts. They're progressing really well, haven't accepted baptism yet... they used to be Iglesia ni Cristo... way messed up religion...they're founder was mormon actually. Ya, look it up but I call them the great and abominable church. And they have many great and spacious buildings here in the Philippines. Haha That's who Nephi was talking about, it's here in the Philippines. Haha Us missionaries just have a hard time with them but Nanay and Tatay have a lot of doubts about it since we've been teaching them and are starting to come to church. You can't deny the Spirit that touches and softens peoples hearts. 

Just like with Ricky, he's so cute! He blessed the sacrament yesterday and did so good. I feel like his mom sometimes though...haha I get so worried about him and pray for him all the time. Not like I need to worry or anything since he's so magaling!! But he's just very precious to me. But something I realized yesterday as he was blessing the sacrament, is that I did nothing to get him where he is today. Heavenly Father simply prepared him, put him in our path and the Spirit did all the rest. I was simply just the tools in his hands. It's amazing to look back and realize that by "small and simple things, great things come to pass." 

I'll be sad to leave, I know I'll be transferred soon, Jan. 30th. The day of doom. Haha No it will be good for a change but I LOVE Mindoro with all my heart and especially all the people that I had the honor to serve and to love. It's going to be hard to leave. But I'm making promises that I will come back to my favorite island of Mindoro. 

There's something I want to share with you all, with new changes on everybody's mine, especially mine lately with the new year and making my last year of my mission the best- it's from Elder Holland-

"The past is to be learned from buy not lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought with us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future." 

I love you all so much and may we remember that counsel everyday as we do our best everyday. 

Mahal ko kayo!! Ingat po!

Love, Sister Burnham 


"Last p-day we went to the zone with our zone leaders and district leader...haha lots of fun!! Love my zone leaders, they're so great!"





"Nanay Lucia and Tatay Luncio and their grandkids...super cute!!"

 
"Celebrating Lorence's birthday!"


"Naglaba kami!!"

"Cuation...with Sister Grace, funniest member, love her!...haha :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment