Monday, January 20, 2014

Yon, pumunta kami sa ospital ulit!!

Pamilya ko at mga Kaibigan!!

Yon, weird week para sa akin....pero nagsimula siya maganda kasi may exchanges kami. It started of good because we had exchanges!! This one was my favorite yet, I worked with Sister Ika, she's Tongan but from Utah. Love her!! Oh and Devon I'm suppose to ask...do you know a Elder Masiva? He was in your mission and he's Tongan too. If so, that would be cool! It's her cousin. Anyway I learned a lot from her but the main thing I wanted to share what I learned from her is that no matter where you are in the mission (or in life), there's always ups and downs and opposition in all things. Lately I've been feeling like a rollercoaster; up and down, down and up. I thought I was going crazy. But knowing someone, my sister training leader had the same feelings, really comforted me. She's awesome and we had a good time together. Even trying to teach someone who was trying to turn us into a seventh day Adventist. Haha always great :) 

But the reason behind my title is that I went back to the hospital!! But this time, not for me. Pero kawawa anak ko...sobrang sakit siya!! She's been having this weird side pains for awhile and we did go to the doctors about it before. But Tuesday night she couldn't even stand up straight because the pain was so serve. So to the hospital we went. It was a crazy night, calling Sister Peterson, calling our zone leaders, ya...but the doctor's assistant said it was either kidney stones or some sort of bacteria. So she got hooked up to an iv and we got the drugs going. She didn't like it, haha but she became happy after it finally started kicking in. Haha oh, she was fun high on the drugs!So we stayed the night in the hospital!!  Yep, we couldn't get the tests till the next day but we didn't want to take her home because she would be off the medicine and would be in serve pain. So we had a fun night in the hospital...haha :) It was all good, I had a little cot to sleep on. Haha Elder Mcmillan was going to bring me a mattress if I didn't have one but thankful there was. But I'll tell you what, it was not the best night sleep. Haha And Mom, I appreciate every time you've ever had to go to the hospital for us kids, it's not very fun for the caretaker I realized. Haha But the next day we missed our zone interviews....sayang but President and Sister Peterson came and visited us. By the time they did we hadn't seen a doctor yet and President wanted us to get out. Because they wouldn't start doing things until we threaten to leave (they were trying to get money out of us...ya....) So he made the Elders, Elder Manalili and Elder Mcmillan stay and help us get things happening and get her out. Haha Oh man, crazy day...all the nurses hated us by the end of the day. But long story short, after her x-ray, they finally found the problem. She's all cloughed up in her intestines. Like, really cloughed up. Which could cause kindey stones. So she was finally released but now she gets this fun fiber medicine that she hates and a change of diet. I feel like I've been the nazi nanay...haha but she's hard! She won't eat differently of take the medicine, only when I force her. But I tell her, if she goes back to the hospital I won't feel bad. Haha, is that mean? I don't think so. Anyway, so grateful for the Elders, they totally saved us from the greedy evil hospital. Haha :)And they would bring me mcdonalds :) 

Well besides all of that we celebrated Ricky's birthday and it was super fun! I love that man! He's so funny and he's so sweet. He just always thanks me so much for coming into his life and changing his life. I think I might have know Brother Ricky before...I think he was one of those people I was meant to help and find :) 

Well, I would write more but since that story was so long I don't have time. Haha Anyways, it was an interesting week here in the Philippines...don't get sick and stuck in the hospital here!! Haha It really wasn't that bad and the doctor was hilarious. He kept saying, "She has a long piece of poopy." Haha I don't think she liked that either. 

Ingat pamilya ko at mga kaibigan ko!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

Love, Sister Burnham 

"Family Home Evening with the Ting's and there family friends...instead of powder we did coal!! Haha :)"




"Hospital!!"







"Elder Manalili- what a hoot!!"





"Tracting in the jungle...love it!!"



"Sister Maagad got dear janed last week...so this shirt was perfect for her...kawawa naman!!"

"Elder Manalili...preparing for eternal marriage! He goes home in March."




"Ricky's birthday party :)"



No comments:

Post a Comment