Monday, February 17, 2014

A Birthday In Paradise!

Hey everyone!!

Another beautiful week has gone by and I became older!! I'm so old now, you can practically see the wrinkles! Haha But I had a good first and last birthday in the Philippines. It started with zone training which was really fun to get together with my new zone. Were a small zone but I like it that way. I also have my tatay in the mission in my district! He was my first district leader but I only had him for about two weeks because he was emergency transferred. So now tatay and anak reunited once again. Haha And he bought me a cake for my birthday, he's a great tatay. 

I spent that night at my branch president's house with some of the members and Emmanuel and Anna, our golden investigators. (I'll tell you about them later.) But it was awesome, they don't even really know me yet but they threw me a birthday party. It was a great birthday :) Had lots of fun with them. They might be a small branch with problems but they are so loving. I feel like they're going to become another family to me in the mission field. 

Emmanuel and Anna are awesome! They are this cute couple with this adorable baby. They've going to be a completed family once we get them baptized but they have to get married first. Everything is going to work out for that except Anna's mom doesn't want to sign the papers. They have to get permission since she's only 19. It's a law here. Marriage is very complicated and expensive here, that's why a lot of people don't get married here. But we have the branches help and we have prayer and fasting. I know things can work out, we just have to have the faith and act to make things happen. But they are great, Emmanuel is always reading the Book of Mormon, he told me that he just hungry for the truth and he knows that it's all in that book. He has a great desire to become more, especially for his family. 

I'm starting to love this area more, as I forget more about myself and love the people, love my companion, things become better. I love this life as a missionary. I'm meant to be here and I won't change it for anything. 

Oh funny story, so the other night. We got home the other night and we were starving!! Haha Like everyday. So I started to boil some water before we started our planning to make spaghetti. Well, during the middle of the opening prayer for planning, our stove caught on fire! Haha Sister Temaaka saw and was like..."umm...SISTER!!" Haha We got it out in with no problem...nothing too big but there was flames. Haha Our connector from the gas tank to the stove had a hole in it, which caused the flame. Haha So ya...cold food for that night. Haha We only have stoves here. But we got it fixed the next day from the missioanary couple and all is well. I'm just grateful we didn't burn down our apartment. 

Well, I hope you all have a great week. Oh and Happy late Valentines Day!! Maybe you'll get flowers from a old tatay like I did while I was tracting. Haha I probably only did because I'm white. Haha :) Anyways, have a great week! Mahal ko kayo! Ingat kayo palagi! 

Love, Sister Burnham




















No comments:

Post a Comment