Monday, February 24, 2014

Sa Tree Falls!

Kumusta pamilya ko?! 

This week was a hard yet great week, hard because contention in a companionship is NEVER good...talaga. But things are really good now. Sometimes it's funny how our enemy at first can become our greatest friends. The same with Sister Maagad. I had wished at one point in our companionship that she wasn't my companion...but we learned to work with each other, we learned to love each other and I can say that she is one of my best friends. She helped me become a better person. Same with Sister Temwaaka. We are different and we had our struggles but now we are on the road to becoming great friends. She's amazing too, it amazing to me how just after one year after her conversion, she decided to serve the Lord. She only has one sister that supports her in her mission because only she is a member. All her other siblings don't. Both her parents have passed away and she's been through some hard times in her life. But the beauty of the gospel really changed her and it's still changing me. I've learned a lot to look more at where they are coming from and realizing that we are on the same now because we are in the same culture of the gospel. And we are on the same team :) And we are making a pretty good team. But it's awesome, word of advice Robyn, your companion comes first. And Heavenly Father puts you with them for a reason. Look for that reason. And enjoy ever moment you have to learn and become better from them :) 

Anyway this week got a lot better once I realized that, again! Haha You think you would learn one lesson once but may times lessons have to be relearned. Our investigators are doing good, we got a lot of new ones lately, hopefully we can just get them to progress!! But we've really hit a bump in the road for Anna and Emmaunel. So I met Anna's mom, the one who won't sign the marriage papers and I found out why...she really hates Emmaunel. Like really! She was making up stories how she saw him drinking the other night and he abuses Anna...I just don't believe it. Maybe he drank in the past but he treats Anna so good and their little baby. They live in really poor conditions...their home is a cement square room...the size of mom and dad's walk in closet. No joke. But ya, she does not want them to get married. She's also a less active and we were teaching her about plan of salvation. I asked her if she desires the same thing, receiving the gospel by being baptized for her kids. Siempre, of course. But I told her Anna has to be married before she can be baptized. Then she said she would rather not receive the gospel then have her be married to him. YIKES!! It's hard, talaga. She's a very stubborn woman and it took all of me to get angry with her. Promise, I didn't but ugh. I don't know what happened in the past to make her like that but people can change!! That's what the gospel is, a gospel of change! I've seen it so many times in my mission and it's changed me. I'm not the same person I was before I left because the gospel is continuing changing me. It's just said when people don't allow others to change and in their case, become an eternal family. I guess all we can do is pray and fast for hearts to be soften. 

But the highlight of my week was today, we went to the Tree Falls with some members and it was a blast!! Quite the hike and I'm starting to feel really tired but it was so much fun :) And me and Sister Temwaaka needed the fun :) I have more pictures but sadly my camera died, I'll send more next week! Anyways, I feel like I'm becoming more close with this branch, they're becoming family to me and I'm really starting to love it more and more here in Santa Maria. It's a cute place :) And I feel like I'm meant to be here, for what I don't know yet but I'll find it, or find them :) Haha :) 

I love you all so much!! Remember to look for the good in each other and allow others to change. Because they can and the can through the gospel. It is possible. Have a good week and always remember that the big Americana missionary in the Philippines always loves you!! 

Love, Sister Burnham 

P.S. Funny story of the week...while I was washing my clothes last night, and finishing up, I got to see my landlord in just briefs! Ya, true story. Haha Our houses are kinda connected and we share the back/side yard part and he just came waltzing out in just briefs but once he saw me and I saw him he booked for it back inside! Haha I just about died! Haha And he was a little bit awkward around me the morning when I saw him. Haha It's just more fun in the Philippines :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment