Monday, September 1, 2014

Merry Labor Day!!

Hello Everyone!!
Let the Christmas music begin!! It's now officially the "ber" months!!! Haha. In the Philippines, Christmas music starts in September...it's great. That's what our Baptist priest neighbors next door play now...it was church music but now it's Christmas!! So merry early Christmas everyone or Happy Labor Day! Haha :)
This week was good...chicken heads on the porch as a gift from the neighborhood cats...they don't bring rats but chicken heads. Too bad, we could have eaten that! haha joke lang :) And Jake Jake (the Gregorio's youngest son) pretending to pick out lice from my hair. Don't worry...don't have that...yet. And hopefully never! It's so common here...there's just not good hygiene in the Philippines. But all is great! No transfers! I still have my favorite...Sister Lacanienta (La-ca-nien-ta) with me and we have a lot of great things coming up even though we had some sad moments this week...
We had to drop Jonathon. It's been a whole transfer that he's not progressing and it was a bit to the sakit sa puso ko. But it's okay...we'll still visit.
 
I still love that man and someday he'll be ready. It's just not his time right now. But it's others. We've had lot of opportunities with us being ready...this cute couple we found that just soaks up everything we teach, less actives giving us referrals and Nanay Celia working with us and referring her whole family and many friends to us. Wow, it's getting better and we don't feel stuck in such a small teaching pool. It was just a testimony to me that yes, some might not be ready right now but plant that seed, love them and find those that are prepared now by the Lord. They're out there and we're going to find them :)
So I love D&C 123:17...it's my favorite along with D&C 15:6. It's beautiful and something that I know to be true. No matter where we are in life, there will be things out of our control or hard things that will happen. We do what we can, within our power and we smile. Doing it cheerfully and then give it to the Lord. Then we stand by and watch Him take care of the rest. I know that to be true with all my heart. I'm not doing this work, but the Lord is. And He is the one who takes care of those things that we can't. If we just let Him. I love you all so much. My greatest hope and prayer for you all is to really come unto the Savior. To give those things that are hard over to the Lord or for good things to happen in your life. Hand it to the Lord and see the miracles happen.
Have a great week!! Go make a difference and see the miracles that happen everyday! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!
Love, Sister Burnham
 
 
 
 

"Coolest Zone Leaders. Elder Geronimo went home....done with the mission! So saying :/"

 
 
 
 

"William and Flor"

 

"Street food with the companion....I'm so Filipina daw."

 
 
 
 

"Introducing Dr. Pepper to the Filipinos."

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

"Exchanges"

 
 

"The city of Lipa"

 
 
 

"My neighborhood"

 
 

"The city of Lipa"

 
 

"Chicken heads on the porch."

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment