Monday, September 22, 2014

"Seed planted......and harvested!"

Hello family and friends!!
Another week? Wow, it's all too fast!! I wish I could find the pause button but the mission just gets faster and faster the longer you're on it. We celebrated Sister Lacanienta's 16 month mark today by going to Shakey's! It's this expensive pizza place for all the rich Filipino's. Haha It's funny...the more rich you are as a Filipino, the more American you are. So so true! But we tend to teach those of less fortunate circumstances because they are more humble and I love them just as much. We have a baptism this upcoming Saturday for Celia's two cutest granddaughters!! Joy and Jiselle. So exciting!! It will be so good for them especially with helping raise them in the church. Celia raises them because their mom has psychological problems and they know nothing about their dad. It's so sad but I'm grateful they have Celia...she's amazing.
So something amazed happened this week from my last area...the sisters in Santa Maria called Sister Kinikini the other day to see if she could go visit their recent convert and a referral she had for them in Lipa. So they went and were just getting to know this sister and recent convert, Mary Grace. Anyways, Mary Grace told them about the beginning of her conversion process and how it was this American sister that really started making it happen...Sister Burnham! Ya, she mentioned my name and Sister Kinikini was like, "I live with her, she's hear in Lipa!" It was crazy and I remembered her! I taught her my second to last day in Santa Maria, but that's all and I didn't think she would want the sisters to come back. Anyways, she told what happened; she was taught by us because her aunt referred her to us. She was kinda hestiant but she said something I said touched her heart. I asked her a question about Heavenly Father and said something like how He misses her and that He just wants her to come back to Him. That night after our visit, she had a dream that Jesus Christ or Heavenly Father was hugging her and her husband and she woke up knowing what I had said was true as she prayed to understand more. She kept meeting with the next missionaries after me and was baptized. She told Sister Kinikini that she wants to see me again and tell me thank you, for sharing with her what she needed to hear and for introducing the gospel to her. Her husband is now being taught by the missionaries and it's a miracle of a seed that was planted and then harvested.
It really touched my heart to hear that happened and I knew what I said that day was directed by the Spirit and that she came to know who her Heavenly Father was and her Savior. She found them. Kasi, this girl that we are teaching with her mom shared with me, after we taught this beautiful lesson about the atonement, that now she knows who Jesus Christ is. She found Him. It was amazing to hear that from her and then her mom following. This world confuses you who they really are and it's hard to find them, but through simple testimony, simple reading of the Book of Mormon, we come to find Him.
I know that this is the Lord's work and that we as missionaries are simply just His tools in His hands. It been the hardest 15 months of my life but the most rewarding. I've never been so happy while helping others find Christ.
I love you all, help someone this week find Him too.

Mahal ko kayo!
Love, Sister Burnham
 
 
 

"Pedicures!! Yes, its been too long!!"

 

"Ukay ukay shopping!"


"Joy and Jiselle"



"He is going to the Phoenix, Arizona Mission....cool!! Right?"




"My favorite two tatay's.....Nelson & Cardona...they're the other sisters recent converts and one is getting baptized next week. They're my favorite!" :)


"These two cute girls are getting baptized this Saturday!"


"Having fun at Celia's"


No comments:

Post a Comment