Monday, September 15, 2014

"Family"

Hello Family and Friends!!
So this week went too fast for me to remember anything!! I swear, the mission just gets faster and faster that the only thing I can really remember doing this past week was Sister Kinikini drawing a u-brow on my face and us being "eyebrow single to the glory of god" daw. Haha The work just really stresses me out that I'm growing a u-brow! Haha Not really but we did have some good laughs. What other things did we laugh about this week...we only had about 10 people at church yesterday because we had a mini storm Saturday night...nothing like the typhoon but no power and water for the morning. Rain showers, starting to get used to them! Haha But nobody came to church but the missionaries, the bishop and the two greatest tatays in the whole ward, and a few members...but it was great, hanging out with them. It made church easier not having to coordinate with members and being by our investigators side, and just weird punted lessons, people not wanting to listen to us...(maybe something is wrong with me haha maybe I smell bad...hindi ko alam) and the lessons we do make the lady talk the whole time and we can't even get a word in...I don't think she even breathed! It's been a weird, fast and interesting week. I have nothing exciting to share...sayang. Except one awesome experience I had talking to this guy on our way to exchanges...he started talking to me, which has been happening a lot lately...thanks to the nametag! And his English was perfect! It's so weird oym'ing in English but he was really interested, especially in learning how the gospel could bless his family and help him become a better dad for his new born daughter and a better husband for his wife. It's just amazing to see how much the gospel offers us...even that most important part of our life. It really is all about family :) 
I guess the greatest thing though that I had from this week was our zone training meeting and exchanges with Sister Abubo. I love my calling, I love serving my zone and especially getting to learn one on one with the sisters. It's so great to learn from them and apply in my area. They're my success right now, not my area but that's okay...the Lord is just kinda giving us a challenge right now...but we won't give up. The mission is never smooth, it's more like an up and down wave or roller coaster, but that's a good thing, because we would never learn what the Lord would have us know or become.
All in all, life is great :) I truly have been blessed to be here and especially have the support I do have to be here. Thank you for your prayers, love and support. I really have been able to feel that while I've been in the place I've come to love so much. I really will miss the Philippines so much...but I'm not leaving it yet! And it will never leave my heart.
I love you so much!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Burnham


"My cool scriptures"







"Meetings"





"Sister Balcita's Birthday!"


"Head massages!"















"Love Notes"


"Love Notes"


"Yummy Lomi"

 
 

"My favorite tatay!!"


"Sister Kinikini being weird."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment