Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm a Barbie!!!

Hey Everyone!!

So apparently I am a barbie...haha I've been called barbie three times this week from little girls just as we are out working because of my white skin and curly hair. Haha It's been so funny...seriously, sometimes I feel like a rock star here in the Philippines...but only because I'm the only white person in all of Santa Maria. Haha But it's all good, I love it :) I also had a drunk guy proclaim his love to me yesterday...that's always nice and so flattering :) Haha Life in the Philippines is always so much more fun! 

So we got to travel to San Pablo this week for a training check up, it was good but a long trip. Took all day to get there and to come home but it was a trip riding in jeepneys all over the place. I love the transportation here, it's my favorite. And it was fun for Sister Temwaaka see all her batch matches at the meeting, it was good for her I think. I think she gets bored with just me. Sometimes it's lonely for us since it's just me and her in Santa Maria, I wish we had two other sisters living with us here. But it's all good, "come what may and love it." 

Our work is kinda hard, but we have some potential coming up. Some referrals that hopefully will be good investigators. But my two favorite investigators right now- Jane and Edwin, both different but with the same concern make me want to know what to do to help them. They both know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and they feel the church is true but they haven't come to church yet. I think they are nervous to change...people sometimes are scared of change. And I know that they feel this is the right way and that this is all true but to take the step of baptism is hard for them to accept. I guess it would be for me too if I was in their shoes, I would want to know for sure if this is the right thing too before I took this path of lifetime and after this life dedication. I really have come to love these people and I respect them if they decide in the end to not be baptized. I've come to realize it's not all about baptisms but helping others come closer to Christ. That's our overall mission as a  missionary. 

Well life is great in the Philippines, as we were going back home from the training check up meeting I was thinking to myself, I love this life. I feel at home here. I only get to experience this once so I'm going to make the most of everyday because it will be over before I know it. Enjoy everyday, and share the light that we have because so many need it. Give them a piece of heaven :) 

Mahal ko kayo!!

Love, Sister Burnham 

(Sorry for the repeat of pictures from last week! Sister Burnham sent them again! Hahaha!)

















No comments:

Post a Comment