Monday, March 24, 2014

Trial of Your Faith

Hello Family and Friends!

So this week has been most different then most...a trial put on my companion. Last letter I talked about how we went to the doctors and her hands and arms hurt and are very swollen...well this past week has been the worst. Monday night she didn't have any medicine and it was probably one of the worst nights; she couldn't sleep and neither could I. The only thing that helped was massaging her hands and arms but that only helped for a time. Well, we went to the doctors again in Santa Cruz (about a little over an hour away) and visited the same doctor. Pero, he wasn't helpful at all. He's that kinda of doctor that just gives medicine and then wants to be paid. Doesn't really care. So Sister Peterson when on a search to find her a doctor and on Thursday we went to San Pablo...quite a ways away and visited a doctor there...much better. We scheduled an MRI in Lipa, way far away but that is where the only one is. Since we were so far away from our area and Lipa was quite a ways, the Peterson's took us in for the night and we went to the MRI the next day together. It was nice staying at the mission home...hot shower, American kitchen, couches, etc....there are some benefits for a sick companion. Haha But after the MRI on Friday we went back home and then came back last night, (Sunday night) for her appointment later today to look over her MRI. We hope it's not bad...if she needed surgery or anything like that...it's most likely she won't be staying... :( Hopefully it can be taken care of her in the field and all will be well. Just pray for my companion, she needs it.

The morning and throughout the week as I've been pondering on why she has this trial and the trial it would be if she went home, I turned to Ether 12:6- about the trial of your faith. Faith is trust and conviction that we have in Jesus Christ. And we trust Him and our Father's plan for us. No matter what happens, we should trust Him. And accept His plan for us and become more because of the trials. Which can become the trial of our faith. I know that my faith has grown more as I have gone through my personal trials and seen others go through them as well. This life is hard and we have trials but that was part of the plan, and it's what makes us become more, it molds us to become like our Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for this gospel and for all that I have because of it. And I want you to know that I have a testimony about this gospel, it can help us overcome anything. I have experienced it and I have seen it throughout my life and more so now as a missionary. Now that my eyes are more opened.

I love you all so much and thank you for all your prayers and love that you send to me and my companion. I can feel them help me everyday. The power in them are real. That I know.

Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! Have a great week!

Love, Sister Burnham

"Mang Ignsal!! My favorite restaurant! Complete with Halo-halo :)"



"Many jeepney rides and becoming friends with the drivers :) Haha Loved this guy!"





"District Conference with the Peterson's...and with the Elders."



"Elder Javier...he's so funny. My favorite Filipino Elder. Such a flirt though...haha But I already am taken :)"



"Even though my companion has been sick...we had some fun :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment