Monday, March 31, 2014

We've Been Robbed!!!

Kumusta Family and Friends!!
Haha Okay I better explain that story of us being robbed muna...before Mom worries too much. Haha So in our apartment we have our desks by this window that doesn't lock but it has bars so nobody can get in and what not. But lately the neighborhood kids have been coming to the window and talking to us. It was fun because I was practicing my tagalog and what not and they're cute. But one time they stole my pens and my chap stick. Haha So we just moved our stuff out of the way were their little hands couldn't reach it. Well...last Thursday I left my planner case on my desk...far enough away where the kids couldn't reach it. Well the next morning I go to my desk and wala planner!! AWWW!!! That is seriously my life!! It also had my license, my temple recommend and money inside it. About 400 pesos. Yikes...But I didn't care about the money, just the planner! Haha But thankful a tender mercy happened and we found my case by our front gate with only the money and my pens gone. I was then able to breath. Haha That's when you know you are a nerd when all you want back is your planner. Haha Well, I think the RMs would understand. But ya, we were robbed by little hands. Sayang. So we moved our desks into the kitchen and our kitchen table by the window. It's actually kinda nice because now I study right by the fridge and I can just lean over and grab some food while we're studying. Haha :)
Pero, best news of this email is that I still have Sister Temwaaka!! She's doing a LOT better. The doctor did say on Monday that she either has rheumatoid arthritis or bacteria. He gave her some steroids and that seems to be working because she hasn't been hurting the past 4 days :) Finally, we can go back to normal and we're a lot more happy :) She did get some blood tests as well to see more of the problem but I think she's going to be okay, I don't think she'll be going anywhere. Thank you for your prayers, I could feel them in behalf of my companion. Maraming salamat po!
This week was overall great because we had Zone Conference!! And I had a family reunion, my nanay was there- Sister Malig. She's a STL now! Astig siya! And my first born in the wilderness- Sister Maagad. I was the happiest to see her, I realized how much I had missed her and loved her. She's awesome :) And my pamangkin- Sister Japus. Lahat ang pamilya ko! Sobrang masaya :) And even Sister Wilson was there, I love her! I lived with her for 3 transfers in Mindoro, it was so good to just catch up with everyone :)
Now, we are just trying to catch up in our work that we got behind in and working hard on improving this area. One of the funny things about this area is that there are SO many baklas. Alam mo ba and bakla? GAYS! Haha They've actually been practicing in the center of Santa Maria for a Bakla Pageant. Haha It's just too funny. And one we OYMed the other day said to us..."Well isn't it obvious, I'm a gay!!" Haha Love it :)
Well, I love you all :) Thank you again for all your prayers. Remember look for the fun and good everyday. I promise, it's there. Even if it's something silly like gay pageants. Mahal ko kayo!!
Love, Sister Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment