Monday, April 7, 2014

Marry my Pamangkin!!

Kumusta Family and Friends!!
This week was a really good one :) My shoes have shrunk from the sun though...haha it's really hot here now. It's summer in the Philippines! Our work wasn't very good because Santa Maria had their summer festival this week that everyone and their dog was at. Haha But we got to play at it a bit, eat a chicken head (I've already had the intestines and feet before) and even watch the bakla (gays) pageant. Only a little bit because I could only handle so much. Haha So many baklas here in Santa Maria!! It's insane how many there are! But it was fun and I got some sweet souvenirs :)
Okay so the marry my pamangkin (nephew), we met a lot of new people this week and this one guy we meet and actually shared our message with, was wanting me to meet his nephew and marry him. Haha He was just like, "He's only 23! Sobrang pogi and your so beautiful, white and know tagalog! Haha It can work out!" Haha No thank you...haha It was just funny. It's just because I'm white. Haha And I found someone else in Santa Maria that is white! He's American from Ohio and he's a retired military and he lives her with his wife and two kids. He's not old either, like in his 30's. We had a good conversation with him, in english, haha and he asked me something. "Do you really believe that what you do makes a difference? Do people really change from what you do?" I answered with a positive yes and I knew that what we shared people and it changed me. He answered back that he knew what I said was true and said we could come over sometime. Haven't yet but I'm excited to. Before we went our separate ways he said their was some light about us, like that he's seen in missionaries before and that he likes that. It was just an amazing experience.
Another tender mercy I've seen is in Sandy. Sandy is moving towards baptism!! She's scheduled for May 3rd, it would have been closer but she needs to be off coffee for 4 weeks. Ugh, word of wisdom problems. But she'll be more prepared by the time her baptism comes! She's amazing though, she's willing to give up anything and accept anything because she said in the first time in her life she has felt a peace and a happiness she hasn't felt before. And she began to feel that at church. She feels that every time we visit. It's amazing to me how the Spirit can touch people's hearts and that the gospel really can change people, I know it can. We're so excited and happy for her and I love her so much.
I love the pictures of the halfway mark celebration! Haha Thank you for celebrating for me! Haha :) Me and Sister Temaaka got pizza :) Haha Nothing too exciting but simply being here is the best time. I've now gotta give my all to these last 9 months. Thank you for all your love and support to me. And especially your prayers. Mahal na mahal ko kayo! Maraming salamat po para sa inyo! Have a great week and help others let the gospel change their life, as well as yours :)
Ingat po kayo!
Nagmamahal, Sister Burnham


"Me and Elder Javier- he's the funniest Elder and always says he wants to marry me too. Oh my gulay! Haha But I always tell him I'm taken :)"

"Zone Conference from last week- with all my family!!"









"Me and Elder Bryson- he's my first Elder anak!"





 "Marilag!! Santa Maria festival with the baklas :) And we played with Jane for a bit, one of our investigators."











"Sandy in the pink shirt."


"A members house with the baby's playing cards...haha and the temple above that. Haha :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment