Monday, August 12, 2013

Short and Sweet

Pamilya at Kibiggon! (Family and Friends!- I don't think I spelt friends right haha)
 
This week has been CRAZY!! A little bit more crazy than last week but that's ok- it's mga misyonero sa buhay! It's missionary life! But it's good :) Today I've been getting chores done and getting set for Monday!! We're leaving the MTC around 6:15 in the morning to ride on the frontrunner to the airport. Then I'll be traveling for a couple of days! I can't believe that it's here! A month and a week went by so fast! It was slow at first but it went by so fast! I wonder if the mission is like that...l guess we'll see! I'm sad to leave, mainly for the friends that I have made here; it's sad because half of my district is going to another mission and some of my closest sister friends I'm leaving here behind. It's just a bitter sweet moment but I know that it's time to go. You can only progress so far in the MTC- I feel like it's time for me to go and use what I have been preparing for so far. It's not going to be easy but that's the best way to do it- just get right into the work :)
 
In field training was amazing! It got me super pumped for going! Oh I forget to tell you- I got to leave campus this week! My kasama has warts on the bottom of her feet and we had to be shuttled to a doctors office to get them taken care off. We left the MTC and went out into the world! I felt like it was bawal! Forbidden! Haha Hearing music on the radio and seeing a man in too tight of jeans- it was scary! Even for Utah! Haha, but the doctors was interesting- they put a needle through her foot to numb it and then shot her warts with embalming fluid! They kill the cells of the wart and eventually they'll turn black and she'll scrap them off. Sick and crazy right? Astig! I felt bad for her though- that's not fun but I was a good kasama and held her hand through it :) And it was a good bonding time for us :) Haha
 
Well I'm excited to go! I'm feeling just about every emotion but I think that's normal :) I know without a doubt that this is the right thing. That I'm meant to go to the Philippines. And nobody is going to tell me otherwise. I've made it this far and I have so much more to go but it's about the journey, not the destination. Read 3 Nephi 13: 31-34 (the last four verese of the chapter) Anyways, it's maganda! It really touched my heart to not worry. As long as I'm doing my part and following Him, he will take care of the rest. I know that he will help me speak tagalog, help me be a successful missionary, and I know that he will take care of my family and friends back at home. "Things will work out." -Gordon B. Hinckley
 
Mahal ko kayo! I love you all, oh so much :) Maaari salamat para sa tulungan. Many thanks for the help - every one of you have helped me so much in so many ways, Salamat.
 
Hurrah for Israel! Here I come Philippines!!
 
Mahal,
Sister Holly Burnham
 
P.S. Holly left today for the Philippines! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment