Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The First Email!

Nanay!! And Pamilya!!
 
I'm so happy that it's p-day because I get to here from you and many other peoples- I have SO many emails so I will try to write to you as much as possible :)

This week has been so great!! I love the life of a missionary!! I'm kept busy everyday, from 6:30 to 10:30, I am going and going. The beginning of the week we did a lot of role playing with our pretend investigotor. She is now one of our teachers and I love her! One of the lessons that we taught (and it's always in tagalog) I asked her to be baptized. The spirit was so strong in that room and I felt and saw a little glimpse of what it's going to be out in the field. And I was able to understand her for the most part and communicate back in very broken tagalog. But it was a testimony to me that this really is the work of the Lord and that the spirit will really guide me to what I need to say and to help me understand.
 
Our district is amazing!! I love all the Elders and Sisters that I get to work with each day! We have a lot of fun together and always are laughing. Like the other day, Brother Kovach, our main tagalog teacher was telling us how they point with their lips. So he had each of us practice and point in the direction that he said. Like "doon" (over there) or "dito" (there). It was hilarous, we were all dying from laughter. I feel like they are my family already and I don't want to think about leaving them in about a month.
 
I'm learning alot of Tagalog- so far I know how to prayer, testify, commitment, introduce, and I'm learning the structure of sentences right now. Plus we learn so many words a day and practice, practice, practice everyday! I love the lanuguage but sometimes it's hard for me to pronuciate. But I am doing my best and trying to be patient with learning the language.
 
Thank you for the quote Mom, I loved it. I'm so happy that I decided to come. It would be so sad if I missed out on this great opportunity to serve in the labor of love. I know with all my heart that this work is true and it is progressing so fast. There are so many missionaries here, dedicated to serving the Lord. There's a great army being prepared.
 
Thank you for all you're love and support! Have fun in Utah! It's really warm up here but the weather is nice :) Tell everybody hi for me and I wouldn't complain at all if you write me letters :) Seriously, receiving letters throughout the week is the most exciting thing to a missionary. Trust me :)
 
Muhal ko kayo!!
 
Muhal, Sister Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment