Monday, September 23, 2013

What a Week!!!

This week was quite different because we hardly worked! Haha Not because we're lazy or disobedient but a lot was going on! Haha :) Promise. 

It started off with going to Lipa again for Zone Conference! It was great! We had a lot of fun together as a zone and kinda had a mini vacation. Ate with chop sticks at this Chinese restaurant (which I can do!!) and just played in the mall. I have some great Elders in my zone and it was fun to spend time with them. 

Zone Conference was amazing. I learned a lot! And Sister Malig and I won the Kwan Challenge! It's being tested on how good we've been in our work. Like "Did you get 70 OYM's this past week? Did you sweep and mop your floor?" Haha But we totally won and got carmel corn from it! Yippie! 

Then we came home on the slow boat, like 3 hour ride and didn't get home till late. Then we both woke up sick! Ya, not fun but it was a blessing in a way to stay home after all the traveling and everything. It's just never fun to be sick though. Sister Malig had it worse though. Yesterday we had to leave church early because she was in severe pain and just wasn't doing well at all. She even started to cry at church and the branch president joked around asking if we were fighting. Haha I said yes because I thought he asked if she was hurting or if she was sick. Haha I need to stop saying yes to everything because I don't know what I'm agreeing to most of the time! Haha But she's doing a lot better now. I even made her the best banana pancakes last night which I believe made her all better :) Haha :) 

But I'm doing fine now, just a little cough left but all is well :) We weren't able to work that much this week but I do have some incredible stories. So we were going to this one home that Sister Malig meet last week while on exchanges and he sadly wasn't home. It was raining hard and the neighbors saw us standing outside his home shouting "Tao po!" Haha I think they felt bad for us and invited us into their home. We just visited and shared a simple beginning lesson (how to begin teaching) and Sister Minerva began to cry when we talked about families. She has some family problems, mostly financial problems but our message brought her comfort into her life. I pray that she'll become a progressing investigator for us. But I believe that it was no accident that she invited us into her home. 

We also have this other investigator- Jun Jun he's about 19 and he accepted to be baptized. He takes in everything we teach him and he really ponders when we ask him a question or teach. I know that the Holy Ghost is testifying to him. He was so sincere when he said yes to being baptized. It's amazing how the these people have been prepared by the Lord and how I see this message and the Book of Mormon change their lives. It's amazing to witness and I'm grateful that I get to be a part of it, to be trusted by the Lord to be given these people to share this message to the people He has been preparing for me. I love it and it's the greatest calling I've ever had. 

I love you all and I'm so grateful for my family and friends back at home who love and support me. I couldn't do this mission without you all. And I feel like you're in this with me. Because I can feel the strength from your prayers each day. I love you and I miss you all! But I love you more :) Have a great week and always look for the miracles that the Lord gives us each day. 

Mahal ko kayo!

Love, Sister Burnham  







Caramel Corn! 



She is just the cutest missionary ever!!!



I for sure that that's Sister Malig is in the middle and Sister Burnham is second to the right! What a cool picture!  

No comments:

Post a Comment