Monday, September 9, 2013

You Can't Teach Without the Spirit!

Family and Friends!

Another week has flown by for me! I can't believe that I'm emailing again on p-day because this past week went by so fast!! I'll actually reach my month mark in the Philippines on Saturday!! Crazy huh? I'll be home before you know it! Haha :) 

First off I got your packages mom!! You sent two, right? Because that's how many I got! Thank you so so much for them! Haha the toliet paper made me laugh. Thank you for that, I've found it here in the grocery store here so all is well but it's good to have anyways. And I'll save it- who knows if my next area has any toliet paper. Haha Also I loved the chips and salsa and fixings!! Totally knew that was Devon's idea- you're right, you've got my back! Haha Anyways, thank you :) Oh and the monkey butt powder was funny...clever...haha :) 

So this past week was fun! I feel like I've gotten to know my district better and know the members in the branch better. We had a district meeting on Wednesday and afterwards we ate at this restaurant where they give unlimited rice. So much rice!! I was good with what I had but Elder Sasagi kept calling them over to give me more and more rice. But everytime he did I make them give him more rice. Haha we were toppled with rice on our plates!! Gotta love rice here in the Philippines! I think I'll be so used to eating it with every meal that by the time I come home I won't be able to break that habit. Haha :) 

I love the branch I'm over- they are so great and they all love being my tagalog teachers. Haha It's fun to get to know them and to work with a few of them in lessons we teach. We even had an ward missionary council activity today on the beach with them and it was so much fun! I've taught them "dip dip dip" and we were all dying laughing. I love how Philippinos find joy in the simple things of life. And how they are always happy despite any problems they have. I learn so much from them everyday. It was fun to hang out with them on the beach this morning, but it was hard to not be tempted to dive in the ocean. Haha  

So Sister Jane's baptism is this Saturday- she's so excited. She had to be interviewed by Pres. Peterson yesterday because of abortion she had two years ago. (They couldn't afford to have anther kid). This though has caused her grief and pain for years. But because of the gospel of Jesus Christ and through the power of repentance and baptism- she can be freed from this. And already she has through repentance. It's amazing to see the change take place in her life and I think we'll see even more after her baptism. 

I could really feel the Spirit speak to another investigator we taught the other day about the Plan of Salvation. There was a moment of silence during the lesson after Sister Malig asked Justin a question but it wasn't uncomfortable. Because the Spirit was speaking to him. And I could tell that it was confirming in his heart that our words were true. I realized again how I'm not in control of the teaching. It's the Holy Ghost and it has amazing power that I will never have. It's so important in our teaching because it's not us that convert people, it's the Holy Ghost. 

Well, this next week is going to be another fast week for me because on Wednesday I am heading to the mission home for training check up! Woo hoo! Boat ride!! Hopefully I don't get sea sick again. Haha I kinda did last time but I think it was because I had been traveling for the past three days. But I think I'll be ok, just as long as it doesn't storm. And also I'm going on splits with the Sister Training Leaders. I'm a little bit nervous because I feel like I still don't know what I'm doing. Haha I'll just be praying that everything goes well with that. And it will be weird to be away from my companion! We have a lot of fun together and she's a great Nanay. But something exciting though that's happening next transfer is that we're getting another set of sisters in Calapan! Their going to be living with us which will make living quarters a little more crowded but I'm excited to have another set of friends and it will be nice to not be the only Sisters here. Haha the Elders are fun and all but I miss Sisters. Haha :)  

Mahal ko kayo! I love you all! Thank you for your love and prayers. I can really feel the power from them everyday and it makes all the difference. We missionaries need them, especially because this is a very important work and we can't do it alone. And I know that the power from your prayers helps me through everyday. Salamat :) Take care and I'll hear from you next week!

Mahal, Sister Burnham 
 
What!?!

Sister Malig has got to be the cutest companion ever!







Gross!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment