Monday, June 30, 2014

AMEN!

Hello Family and Friends!
What a crazy busy and many changes happening this week! Both here and back at home. I gotta give a shout out for my sister, Robyn. She's becoming Sister Burnham 2 in just a few days or Hermana Burnham. Haha Super exciting! And here I have a new mission president! President Mangum from Orem, Utah. I get to meet them on Thursday...which is my year mark! Lots and lots of changes and things happening. It's crazy but all of it blessings :) I miss the Peterson's so much already but I have the blessing to love another mission president :)
Our area is booming, we are so busy all the time but it's the best work. Thank goodness for the help of exchanges which I'm coming to love being able to work with the other sisters...it's super fun. But we Nanay Celia getting baptized next week. Yay Nanay! Haha and four of the Gregorio kids. All of them on July 12th. They are all excited and so are we. It will really bless the Gregorio family, becoming examples to their dad and oldest brother. The force is just working really hard on them right now... :( Jonathon has been really hung up on word of wisdom. He has the most beautiful desire to change and especially for his family but word of wisdom is his greatest weakness. Hopefully we can teach him tomorrow if he's sober about the word of wisdom. Just keep him in your prayers along with his family. I've never wanted a family to become complete so much before in my life until them. I refuse to be transferred till they do. Haha No they will :)

So the title of this email is because whenever I say, "through Jesus Christ..." or "because of Jesus Christ..." Little Joy, one of the Gregorio girls getting baptized always says proudly, ":AMEN!" It is so cute! They are the cutest kids and family. We taught them the plan of salvation this past week and went on a "trip". We went around the room at different points of our journey; the pre-mortal life, life on earth and then after. Eventually all of us making it to the Celestial Kingdom with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and with our families. As we taught it so simply, it just become a more beautiful truth to me- that we really can make it there, with our families. And it's possible because the ordinances have been restored and are available at temples of God. And sa pamamamagitan ni Jesucristo, through Jesus Christ and His atonement, it's all possible. Amen. :) (That was for Joy).
I\m just grateful for this last year that I've had to teach these beautiful truths, be a part of other people's lives who have been become my dearest friends. I love the Filipino people with all my heart and the missionaries that I serve with. It's truly the best calling I have ever had and it's been the best past year. Thank you for all your love and support. I'm done yet. Haha :) But I will be in 6 months. But that's something that I don't want to think about yet. Haha
Like the story of the little girl who throws the starfishes back in the sea to save them, even though she can't save them all it's a small deed, it still made a difference to that starfish. I hope that you can look for those small acts of kindness, of good works that do make a difference. And most importantly by sharing the gospel. Don't hesitate to save someone.
Mahal na mahal ko kayo! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment