Monday, June 16, 2014

Big Changes

Family and Friends,

So lots of big changes happened this past week for me! My life changed just from one phone call that I was transferred  Sayang talaga! I came to love Santa Maria very much and it was hard saying my goodbyes. It was a hard area and I thought many times I wouldn't be able to do it but I put my trust in the Lord and miracles happened. They'll have three completed family baptisms this upcoming transfer that me and Sister Temaaka started to teach. It's okay that I'll miss their baptisms, just that I had the honor to find and teach them, that's all that matters to me.

Anyway I got transferred to Lipa City, it's HUGE!! I'm in a city and it feels almost like I'm in America like in Phoenix except more green. Haha But it's a fun city and the work here is booming. The ward, (I'm in a ward!) is super strong, members are working with us all the time and there's a great support here. My companion is Sister Balcita and she is awesome!! Sobrang sweet and one of the best teachers and missionaries that we have here. I've learned so much from here already. But I'm lucky to have here as my STL trainer. Yep, I'm a STL na. It was kinda frightening at first because I'm over all this sisters but it's a wonderful opportunity that I have to love and serve the sisters. And to learn from them. Actually Sister Japus, who I was in the threesome with once, is in my zone! So I'll go on exchanges with her sometime! I'm excited :) Life is just good :) I'm grateful Heavenly Father has given me this chance, this trust and that I have this time to become even more.

The work here is great, we have lots of investigators and we are busy, busy! We actually had a cool experience yesterday, we went to church and this sister walked in by yourself that you could just tell she wasn't a member by her dress. My companion went and talked to her and came to find out that she moved here and wanted to come to the mormon church, to start over again. She had been taught by the Elders before in the past and wasn't never really serious about it but she's looking for more light in her life and she knew she could find it at church, were she had felt something before. So, we went and taught her later yesterday afternoon and  she's golden. She's listened carefully to every word we spoke and she just want's to know what really is true. And she's willing to change everything to know. I just really could feel the spirit working in here as I shared Joseph Smith's story to her and I saw in her eyes that this is what she needs. It was just amazing and I know that her heart is prepared.

I'm so grateful to be here. I feel like Heavenly Father is giving me a chance to become even more. He put my through some hard things in the past and they aren't over, different now but I feel like he's given me the opportunity now to really shine. I've defiantly become more because of the past things I've experienced in my mission but now is the time to give my all... especially since I only have about 7 months left...so sad. Haha

Look at what Heavenly Father has done for you too...and remember that we all meant to be more. Keep working everyday to reach your full potential, what Heavenly Father knows what you can become :) I love you all, mahal na mahal ko kayo!! Have a great week and go make a difference!

Love, Sister Burnham







"Saying goodbyes."

"Shally and Alan, completed family in June."






"Pizza with Vaugh- he would work with us all the time, astig siya!"





"Transfer Day!"






"New apartment! I'm with the best roomies too- Sister Buckley and Sister Kinikini (We both love Nacho and we always say 'Happy Christmas Harry!'"


"And Happy Independence Day...this week!"


No comments:

Post a Comment