Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day

Family and Friends!
How was father's day?! I totally forgot about it till I saw dads at church wearing "best dad" pins on their white shirts. Haha Happy Fathers Day though!
This week has been busy busy busy! So much work to do here! But we work a lot with this one family, Gregorio family. Sister Winona is a recent convert with one of her daughters and we are now teaching her family. She has nine kids! Haha And they are the cutest family. Five of her other kids are going to be baptized next month and it's fun teaching them :) Her husband was really distant at first from us...but he is really warming up to us and we actually finally got a lesson with him. We were teaching Winona about priesthood one day and he was listening off in the distant. Sister Balcita, being the magaling missionary she is recognized that and asked him an inspired question...I can't remember what she asked but he started to cry and said how he needed this in his life, especially for his family. Oh, I remember because one of his sons was in an accident before I came and he received a priesthood blessing and survived. Ever since then, he wanted to be able to do that for his own children. And to be with them forever. It's going to be a long road for Johnathon, since he smokes and lacks commitment, but he will come along. But I know that the Spirit was working through him, I saw that.
We also had our last zone conference with the Peterson's. It was so sad! They leave the end of this month so it was like a farewell...I do get to see them one more time at MLC but it was so good yet so sad. Something that I loved that he said to us though was "The most important things in life, are not things." I thought how true that has been, like all my experiences here as a missionary and my family, he's right they are the most important and they aren't things.
Well I love you so so much! Wish me luck this week and still keep me in your prayers...I go on my first exchanges, tomorrow! AHH!! Haha kinda panicking inside but I know that it will be okay. I'm just not where I want to be yet as a missionary but Sister Balcita taught me that we will always feel that way and as long as we do our best, then that's the kinda of missionary the Lord wants us to be. It will be good :) Just pray. And I always pray for you :)
Mahal na mahal ko kayo! Have a great week! Go make a difference!
Love, Sister Burnham

 "All the great kids!"

 "Zone Conference! Sister Japus and batchmates!"








"Happy Independence Day!"






"And of course, Happy Father's Day!" 

"(I love Sister Kinikini, she reminds of Robyn!)"



No comments:

Post a Comment